Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Super-Stars in your life !!!




This week there was this article in TOI, where a man in Pune first killed his two kids and wife and then tried to commit suicide himself.  This man eventually survived with all his family members dead.  He now faces charges of murder.  This kind of news is not new in media, of late family suicides and killings have become a trend, as though that is the only remedy to all the problems.  But as I say no matter how much we disagree we cannot judge anyone.  Why am I talking about this particular incident?? On searching the house the police recovered some letters which indicated that this man was very superstitious and thoroughly believed in astrology.  He had written that ' his stars ' were not lined in the proper place and he had no hopes of a better future and that is why he was doing this heinous act!!!


Star studded death I call this.  How can people be blind folded with such beliefs?? Pressure, stress, failures name it all, they make you so dependent on such predictions that you forget there is a part of the body called brain.  Not to mention the astrologers who predict such stuff to make money.  But having said this I seriously should not judge people who believe in this kind of stuff, because I am Guilty of it too !!

While in Chennai, and in my most depressed moment of life will talk about it sometime later I spent almost Rs. 2 lac behind these astrologers.  This is what used to happen, I would meet an astrologer, he would say there is a problem and then say the problem could be solved by doing some pooja which costed little more than few grands.  And I in the hope of a better situation shelled out.  So much was the desperation that when things with one astrologer did not work I went to another one.  Till one day I reached a very renowned astrologer please do not ask me for details of this guy who was known for his modern approach.  He surely told me better things, but my problems remained.   I kept asking him if there was any remedy, from my previous experiences I was expecting some pooja.  He told me, "Sunita, I can take lots of money from you and tell you there is a remedy, but that is not true.  The only remedy for a change in destiny is God which is as you know very difficult.  So for 99% what I have predicted will happen".  



I was totally shattered.  And I would be lying if I told you that the thought of a suicide did not come into my mind, because this astrologer has never been wrong.  But as they say there is always a first time.  I had a phone discussion with my dad, who was unaware of the notes his daughter was spending on all this.  As I finished my conversation, I was all tears.  My dad is not an atheist but he is believes in the God Almighty - The Creator himself.  He was never impressed with the idea of the crores of Gods or some human being who lived a good life being worshiped as God.  For him God is God and no one else.  So he told me, "Concentrate on the 1% that this astrologer has left.  Don't look at the number 1 but look who holds the power to that 1%" .

That sentence changed it all for me.  I do not challenge this astrologer's knowledge, infact I applaud his sincerity in not luring me into some remedial pooja.  Also for the fact that he himself left it at 99%.  From a very religious person I turned into a faithful one.  Faith on the God who made me could not let me cry like this.  No man on earth can predict what will happen to me, because my future is in His hands alone.  And when I say that 1% is what I held on to I mean it.  Life changed for better.  Nothing the astrologer predicted happened.  

I wish people get this message.  Man as a living being has always been doubtful and curious to know his future.  Doubt was also the reason why man lost his relationship with God.  If you are in troubled times, don't let anyone else tell you what to do.  Sit down somewhere and try to listen to your inner voice.  You will hear it for sure, if you don't its only because your heart and mind are clouded by doubt and fear.  Try to throw it off, not easy I tell you, but you will get there in time.  And when you do you will know what to do.  First and foremost it is important to be happy with what you have currently.  Remember if some astrologer tells you he or she can do a pooja and ward off your bad times, why did they not do it for themselves and become a millionaire.  

Astrology is a Science I believe, but we know Science is evolution.  The theories and conclusions keep changing with changing data.  So how can something so unstable bring a stable solution to your problems????


35 comments:

  1. So true...its very difficult to listen to our inner voice but if we can do so then things start getting better..Loved this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Sunita! Faith is really what gets us through all the turbulence and turmoil that keeps taking place. Faith and the inner determination to overcome our circumstances is omnipotent! Great read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great advice from your dad. Luckily I haven't spent that much money trying to figure out my future. But I did visit Tarot readers and all at one point, just to get a sense of how to live my life. Nothing came true and I left those sessions with even more questions. I won't lie. I still keep thinking about how my life might unfold. But I refuse to be help down by the bad possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself believe in astrology but then yeah I am a rational believer. I believe only what I want to :)

    Nice read Sunita...good to have you back:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was surprised to read this one. i mean, Suku into horoscopes/astrology & actually spent money on consultations?!! very surprising! of all the people in the world -SUKU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Once in a while it is fine. But blindly believing in it is just making sure we near our own doomsday. There are people who still go behind fake astrologers and then blame the entire community.People want everything quickly and try all these options instead of doing it the normal way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Concentrate on the 1% that this astrologer has left. Don't look at the number 1 but look who holds the power to that 1%'

    I will remember this every time.

    I don't know what I believe in, but I know what I don't believe in! :P

    During my school days, the astrologer told my parents about me, 'engineer hona nahi likha hai iske jeevan me'.

    And I knew what I wanted to be in life. :)

    Good luck and Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, My mom's cousin is a very famous astrologer and as I am a brahmin, a lot in my life starts with a kundli. But, I don't believe in it. I believe in worshiping God if you can do it with free will. Nothing more than that. Predictions are true at times but taking a huge step is too much of a reaction. You can never change your destiny. You can only be prepared for it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter how much the technology has advanced, many people still remain tangled among their superstitions. They wouldn't like to come out of it because of their strong beleif in such things. I wish if they could believe God atleast one percent like you said things would really be different for many people around us. Only God can make a difference to our lives but no one else and complete faith in him is like believing as if the work is already done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even I was appalled reading the news Sunita. I can neither reject astrology nor accept it completely. Stand in mid-way. Too confusing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all depends on you what to believe - it is a question of faith. If you have faith in something (or someone) you believe in that thing (or person).
    A nicely written post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess what girl, I am culprit too. Saurabh has kaalsarp yog, now if you have heard of it, people make a BIG deal out of it because even SRT gets it's pooja done. But he is so determined and the fact that I do not believe in pooja, I realized, let the astrologers be and move on. I still have the curiosity, however not as mad that I will go back again and spend my hard earned money. It's my karmas, an astrologer's pooja can not help.

    Cheers to this positive post.

    BTW, at least for that man, whatever was predicted came true. He ruined his life. I wish he hadn't tried learning it...Too late!

    ~ Chintan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me tell you one thing.. I am not sure if u r going to publish this comment.. but GOD is nothing but an imaginary stuff loaded into our brain in our childhood.. and Astrology is total fake. There is nothing like some one sitting der monitoring our stuff.. Just face it. Your life is in your hands. Do it alone.. commit mistakes.. learn stuff.. and do it better next time.. again commit mistakes.. learn. Just live an exciting life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe in astrology.. but not in predictions.. Astrology concerning personalities and positive energies are good but predictions bring a downfall.. Astrology as a science focuses more on energies but people have misused it.. Future cannot be changed and future is modified every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Rahul Bhandare thx :) yes the most difficult part when we are in problem, is listening to ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Rohan Moorthy yes Rohan Faith the most important thing for a believer :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Gayatri My Dad My Encyclopedia :D :D..thats the thing everyone wants to know about the future especially people who just get so frustrated by their present..I went through it so know how it feels ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Pooja Sridhar Poo where are you?? u have been missing with Bow & Tie..rational believer I wish every one was like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ashwini C N Oh yes Ashwini there is this category of people the easy run types..they do a lot more harm to others than themselves behind all this

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Kunal thx :)...yes those words are key to all the wonderful things in life.. also remember who said it.. SuKu's dad :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Saru Singhal well said Saru.. you can only be prepared for it...:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Sahana Rao I hope u get on to the other side because if go with it.. trust me the confusion will only increase

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Chintan Gupta about the man ya because he had too much faith on that astrologer he let it happen to himself..Faith is the key...whatever you have faith on will happen

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Raja
    Raja except abusive and offensive comments everything else is always published here :) :)
    Just as you don't agree with the existence of God I don't agree with your theory...but it is fine..ultimately both of us are saying the same thing... Faith & belief..you believe in yourself.. and I believe in my God..

    ReplyDelete
  25. @M in love thats a very different thought you put there..energies and predictions.. will have to read more about it..

    ReplyDelete
  26. yes u r right sunita.. even I am at this stage of my life where I have a choice to either surrender to an astrologer and do some list of pujas or believe in myself and be proactive and do prayers in front of god. I am also confused sometimes as to whether I shd believe astrologers since they have immense knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. well i read astrology too but when i was in similar situation as you were, apart from doing all the stupid things, thanks to some frends, i started reading. and astrology is never to be taken seriousl.its JUST prediction

    ReplyDelete
  28. @RaNiiiiii I exactly know what u r talking about Rani..I was there once...I really hope and pray that ur belief in God continues to grow strong..

    ReplyDelete
  29. @maniac.hunter thats the thing...not to be taken seriously..but some people who go through troubled times make it as their surviving resort...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks...This was indeed helpful...right thoughts just at the right time for me...Thank You for this...God Bless You

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥