Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ingly Bigly Wish!!!

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 40; the fortieth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The theme for the month is "MAKE A WISH"


Image Source:  Google Search
What would you do to make your wish come true?  Today I just wish for them and pray.  But back in school, I am sure many of you will relate with my experiences.  Especially on the exam results day, I was told by my friends that if you cross your fingers, the marks that you wish for, will come through.  I was a little overzealous and would not only cross the fingers, but really try hard, like really hard and cross my toes too!  But when the results came in, they would show exactly the marks for which I had studied .  The effect of crossing my fingers and toes, in addition to they being twisted was that, there used to be colors red, blue & black on the back of my hands from my parents after the monthly Parents Teachers Meeting at school. (yes Indian Parents beat up their kids, they torture them and punish them for not studying  )



But I never learnt my lesson and my friends never gave up.  One day in the school bus, my friend Swapna looked at me and almost screamed;
Swapna:  OMG! you have a wish on your cheek!
Me:         I have a WHAT on my cheek??
Swapna:  Arey wait......
Saying this she like a pro, took a hair which had fallen off my eyelid on my cheek, and placed it on the back of my hand and said;
'Now close your eyes and MAKE A WISH' 
No prizes for guessing what the wish was....'God please let me get good marks in Maths!!'

That day was the usual monthly Parents Teachers Meeting and I knew that my parents must have seen my results and when I reach home, it will be revealed to me too.  So what if it was a thin eyelash hair? It still had the power to change the 'utterly deflated' marks that I had received into something more like an inflated balloon, I believed.  When I reached home, I saw a grim look on mummy's face.  I couldn't see papa anywhere around.  Mummy looked at me and said, 'Oh yes welcome home madam.  How are you?'  Just in case you are wondering how lovely my mom is to welcome me like that, NO!! that was just a death call. Yes, when my mummy says 'welcome home madam' she sounds like the hunter with a whip, who says 'Oh here is my next target' and wipes his lips  (Just so that you know my mummy does not read my blogs )

Image Source: Google Search
I sheepishly smiled and went inside.  I was panicking now.  'What if the eyelash just fell off somewhere and did not reach God? OMG I need to find another hair' I thought.  I stood near the cupboard mirror and rubbed my eyes so that something fell off.  The way I rubbed my eyes surely my eyeballs would have come off, but not a single hair came off.  Are you kidding me? I was not going to pluck my hair!!.  What do you mean why??? It would pain no .  So I went ahead and plucked a hair from my sister's eyes, who started crying uncontrollably.

Before mummy reached the scene I quickly made the wish again, 'God this is me Sunita again.  I am not sure you got my eyelash before so I am sending a second one, just to remind you about my maths marks.' As I opened my eyes to blow off that hair, PACHAAAK!! that was the sound of the beating I got on my back from my mother. 'What did you do to your sister?' she shouted.  Before I could answer, my sister in between her sobs said, 'She took my eyes'.  Yes you guessed it right she was very dumb then, I was the intelligent one.  'No mumma I did not take her eyes, she is lying' I defended myself.  'I only took a hair from her eyes' I said, now a little more like murmuring to myself.  'Took a hair? what for?' mummy now more curious.  'Nothing just to MAKE A WISH', I said.  

Papa just returned.  Apparently I had actually scored good marks in my maths test and he had gone out to get some ice cream for me.  No I did not get the ice cream....because this nut sister of mine kept insisting that I plucked her EYES!!! 

Image Source:  Google Search




The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: 01


I don't mind being stalked  ... if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

37 comments:

  1. I am happy that we are just soul sisters and I am not the sister you had while growing up. If that was the case, I would have been without eye-lashes by now. :D

    But, what a lovely account of your childhood. I think am falling in love with you all over again, for the "nth" time. <3

    P.S. Next time you go home and mommy says, "Oh yes welcome home madam", you know she must be reading your blogs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha true I should watch out when I go home :D :D and yo my sister has nice eyelashes :P :P

      Delete
  2. Haha seriously did you pluck your sister's eyes:O Loved this hilarious account, SuKu :) I too used to wish blowing the fallen eyelash kept on the palm of my hand. What did I wish for? That I meet my crush(whoever it was at that stage of my life) at least once that day, yeah yeah I was nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahah meet your crush?? i was always wanting marks so many eye lashes were sacrificed for that purpose only :P :P

      Delete
  3. really loved the post for it took me down memory lane with the eyelashes. Lagta hai, this is universal. One of my classmate, told me to keep a whole red rose in my mouth (but not chew it) during the exam and I would get full marks and I believed him. I got a scolding from my mom when I told her this.Then my mom told me there is not short-cut to hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is new.. red rose in your mouth :D...

      Delete
  4. hehehe..i know! we did that too....and psst..i do that even now! not the plucking of eyelashes though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah you do it now too?? not plucking the eyelashes that's a relief O_O

      Delete
  5. Ha ha ha :D :D
    You plucked your baby sis's eyes! :O OMG!
    Besides, you can't wish with a hair that is plucked out, na uhh, it has to fall, like leaves in autumn. Only then can you wish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha hilarious and probably we can all relate to it.. But plucking your sis's hair...OMG...u went too far with that!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i could do anything to get good marks in maths :D

      Delete
  7. That's the best part of school life no? Wishing for good marks, especially in Maths :) :) And you plucked your sis eyes? All the best..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey welcome to SuKupedia :) .. and thank you :) .. don't tell me you were weak in maths too O_O

      Delete
    2. My Favorite Subject is Maths.. I always loved scoring 100 out of 100 :)

      Someone is Special

      Delete
  8. Hilarious..!! I remember we friends doing this kinda thing too in school.. But I never was lucky to pluck my little bros hair.. Wish I got similar kind of idea back then.. !! It's really funny to go back into those days and learn what outrageous things we used to do.. Your post made me go down memory lane.. Lovely post.. Keep writing..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Priya :) :) your brother is lucky :)

      Delete
  9. hahahaha...Hillarious..Loved it, you have written it in an excellent way, I specially loved the smileys :) they are adorable and fits perfectly with the line. God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do this till today...:D bribing God to save me in some way!! Very cute!! :) in love with your post!






    Uthra Suresh- If only wishes were horses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uthra and welcome to Sukupedia :) I hope you like it here :)

      Delete
  11. hahaha...that was hilarious.. crossing fingers..i still do that.. :)
    All the best for BAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL :D How could you do that to your sister! :D
    So making the wish with eyelashes, work! Right!!??
    Good luck with BAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shilpa :) .. I am telling you I have done much wonderful things for getting good marks in maths except studying :P

      Delete
  13. Ha ha ha! Hilarious. It was really crazy the things we used to do and believe in when we were little! Good that we grew out of it :) Best wishes for BAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deepa :) .. & grew out of it errr I am not sure :P :P

      Delete
  14. Everyone laughed after reading your posts and so did I it was so lovely and humorous post .. right now of everyone's childhood and plucking the eyes .. the best part .. Super like dear .. All the Best for BAT ..

    My Entry - Vikas Khair - Wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vikas welcome to Sukupedia :) and glad you enjoyed the post :)

      Delete
  15. Glad that I got a mutual friend where we took the school exams/report as the subject...:):). Childhood memories are always Nostalgic. Filled with humor and the way you described makes sense of the subject connected with..I truly enjoyed reading the post.Fun and Frolic..ATB for BAT 40...:)
    - Vajra

    ReplyDelete
  16. आज पहली बार आपका ब्लॉग पढ़ रहा हूँ
    और बेहद ख़ुशी हुई की मै ये पढ़ सका

    एक दम कमाल लिखती हैं आप
    लगता हैं मेरी तरह आपने भी
    थोडा बचपना अपने आप में जिन्दा रखा हैं

    रही बात भगवान कुछ मांगे की
    तो हम आज भी रिश्वत देते रहते हैं

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very Shashiprakashji... I am so humbled by your generous compliments :) welcome to SuKupedia :)

      Delete
  17. I haven't laughed like this in a while Sunita! Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking that hope her mother does not read her blog ha ha! But childhood was such fun. My brother and I also had such lovey-dovey moments like you and your sister :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chalo iss post ka likhna safal ho gaya Reema.. :D :D.. childhood was real fun I agree ♥

      Delete
  18. very nice and childish,i liked reading it.

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥